« Home | A use for the blog again! » | Er... the website... » | Matter closed... » | Animanda is in NO WAY affiliated with Death-notes.com » | Random update... » | Released: Death Note 12, Suzumiya 9 and a few othe... » | h264 versions of Zero 03 and 04 out » | Released Death Note 11 » | Released: Death Note 10 » | Released: Death Note Episode 09 »

The old Animanda days

Hi all Animanda staff members! Yanagi and murders, you should check your e-mail to accept the invitation, have a google account ready, and start logging in to post. That's easy!

For starters, I'm the only translator that's being alive since the days where Animanda was struggling for releases[there are 2 more translators, but they're too busy with their own personal stuffs]. I remember when I first join Animanda, they were only doing a joint sub with Doremi[what title was that? I forgot...]. So ish asked me this question, "What will you like to sub?". I answered shyly, "Anything."

Ok, I kinda regretted saying that, and because of that, Suzumiya Haruhi project was initiated[Actually it was suggested by Alu]. The first episode was happy translated by Pape, and subsequent 2-4 episode were translated by me. I remembered the pain whereby the dialogue was so longgggg...and I took 2-3days just to finish one episode. The ironic thing is, a.f.k. managed to release the episode 2 days after the Japanese air date, was kinda hit me hard.

Himawari Season 1 was also started about the same time. However, our translator pape was kinda bogged down with his personal life, thus the project was stalled until today. We apologise for that.

While I'm struggling to translate, out comes my angel, PG. Although she only agree to be a translation checker at first, ish brainwashed her and now she's become the official translator for Animanda and doing one of the super ultra popular anime[can't say the title]. I guess the QCers at that time heaved a really big sigh of relief as with the help of the TLC, the script accuracy has risen a lot. I thank PG for that.

In October 2006, we started out a new project, Zero no Tsukaima, which was initiated by me. It was going along fine, until trouble comes when ish has to leave for a week for holidays. Guess what? Work was stalled that entire week, no one was contributing to anything. At that time, I kinda hated the group for the lack of effort. Unfortunately, the two projects were still stalled even now, but at least it's still on track. [Negima Haru OVA wasn't spared either. Thus, I've decided to not translate anymore for Animanda till the group is ready.]

Why is Animanda struggling with the releases? Simple. Lack of staff.

Well, that's the old days of Animanda.

I guess I need not say anything more for the new Animanda. More new friendly staff, constant releases, maintaining our goal from the start, which is producing high quality subs and video to all fans. Thanks to all fans and staffs who were with Animanda for the past one year.

Next month is Animanda first anniversary. Care to leave your well-wishes for us? We've announced 2 new projects for April 2007 in the forums, so go check it out.

Suzuka

To Animanda, a Happy Belated Birthday! Keep up the hard work. I'm sure it'll pay off... one day ^_^

Post a Comment