« Home | Released: Death Note 12, Suzumiya 9 and a few othe... » | h264 versions of Zero 03 and 04 out » | Released Death Note 11 » | Released: Death Note 10 » | Released: Death Note Episode 09 » | Released: Death Note 08 » | Released: Death Note 07 » | Death Note Episode 1 v2's out » | Released: Death Note 06... and Zero 05 » | For those who really want Death Note 01 with a lar... »

Random update...

LOL

Okay, I've read your comments and rather than explaining to each person who asks, I'll make a random reply here.

First and foremost; for all of us, we fansub because we enjoy doing it and since we're all doing it in our free time, like most people, we'd much prefer to work on something we enjoy. There's no point in doing something which we don't like. As such, our projects are picked because we want to work on them. (But since all our series are/ have been done by others, as someone pointed out, go and watch theirs if you don't want to watch ours :) - it really is that simple ^^ )


Since we're all doing this in our free time, our release rates will vary, since real life takes precidence and is more fun (well sometimes).

As for the rather varied release rates for each project:

Suzumiya - Most of the episodes are more or less done, problem has been QC, (unfortunately I don't have that much time to sit and QC all the time as well as edit, so they've been stuck in QC for a while... sorry translator-san!!!) however, having recruited some more Qcers (welcome :D) things might happen sooner...

Zero - Same problem as Suzumiya, lack of qcers.

Himawari - Original translator is extremely busy studying at university in the evenings and working during the day (Ganbatte and Fighto!!!). Another translator kindly took over but has recently moved countries to study and won't have internet access for a while. In the meanwhile, one of our other translators has taken over (thank you!!) but since they're working on Death note and tl checking some other shows for us, so sorry but progress will be slow.


So, many apologies for the delays in some of the projects, and thank you to all those who don't mind the wait - Thank you!!! (I'm sure you all know who you are :))

While, I'm randomly rambling, I'd like to say a huge thanks to all the staff at Animanda - Thank you!!! - Thank you for putting up with me and let's hope 2007 will bring us another fun filled year!!! Also thanks for managing to give me something to occupy my free time with :p.

Finally, I know some of the staff are in their final year of studies now, so all I have to say to that is Ganbatte and Fighto !!! We're all cheering for you!!

And thus ends my ramble, thanks for reading.

Ishatar

While, you're randomly rambling, I'd also like to say a huge thanks to all the staff at Animanda - Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! ;)

Happy new year to animanda staff, as late as it is, and take your time with releases. Better good quality over speed.

Ide like to know if you all will continue to sub death note =/

all of the athor group are dropping the serie.
are you continue this series?? ( death note )

you ppl are the only one left( 4 real!! )

Although it wasn't really articulated very well, the other commenters are right - you are the only remaining fansubbing group that is doing Death Note in english!

Guess that'll make me a regular around these parts from now on.

Hope to see some of your work when you release 13!

Cheers,
Chris.

I heard Death Note got licensed! Will you stop subbing?! (Maybe wrong place to ask that...) Oh, please say no!

If there are no one fansubbing it I'll never get to see the rest of it, and I'm already totally in love with DN!

I see that I'm not the only one who is concerned about Death Note's subbing.

You can't imagine how happy I ,and many many other DN fan, would be if we heard that you keed subbing it.

You have done such a good work! ^_^

-Kisu

This place would be buzzing if yall continued to sub death note seeing as how you'd probably be the only ones lol.. im part of a death note site and community and know the owner would like to have a talk with you all and things of that sort.

Let me echo the opinions of the posters above me. After all, it wouldn't be your fault if you just didn't hear about DN's licensing until you got officially told about it ^^

Whatever you guys choose to do, we'll support it; keep up the good work!

Malefact

Please Please Keep subbing death note cause i reading the manga as well and the manga is kinda costing me some money(buys different series at once). So keep subbing it

Please Please Keep subbing death note cause i reading the manga as well and the manga is kinda costing me some money(buys different series at once). So keep subbing it

Same here, there were several fansubbers, yet they all backed out of the whole project "Death Note" I do not understand, look at Dattebayo they've been fansubbing Naruto from the start. and they are still going yet Naruto was Licensed some time ago, the english episodes already aired, yet they haven't been sued or anything! same as Bleach.. viz is the company which licensed Death Note, and since Bleach "Dubbed" really sucks. Death Note will be worse.

Just so you know USA made Zero"OnePiece" have a lollypop instead of a cigarette. if they already do that.. what will happen to the blood/gore/randomkilling?

Will it still be DeathNote?
Or will it be a pink book with fluffy bunnies?

Greetz,

Kuraudo.

P.S.: Please keep fansubbing!!!!

"look at Dattebayo they've been fansubbing Naruto from the start."

No they didn't! They did continue it after it got lisenced though.

And plz continue subbing Death Note :D

I am a dedicated fan from death-notes.com and i am glad you all have decided to continue subbing death note.. for those of you who are wondering "WTF?!" Yes they are subbing death note still and the releases will be found at www.death-notes.com :D i cant wait for ep 13.

Again thank you for your dedication and hard work Animanda. It will not go unappreciated.

Lol, seems like you guys are the only ones fansubbing in english now.

Have fun fansubbing and ganbatte xD

While the thought of being sued is pretty threatening. I'm sure a lot of the groups that drop licensed animes do it because it allows the subbed/dubbed anime content to be more successful in the american market. With more publicity for the anime, there are greater chances of other animes being published and giving the "art" of anime bigger spotlight bringing it not only to the anime fans but to everyone.

But english dubbed anime sounds horrible and destroys a big part of the "art" in the anime. :[

I really hope for Animanda's continuation of the Death Note subbings.

thku soooooo much for continuing to fansub death note, i was soo upset and worried when i thought everyone would back out. -hugz- pls continue with ur hardwork.

Waaah >< Sorry.. that's true.. they fansubbed Naruto later >< because I always watched Toriyama? if that's correct. before Dattebayo subbed.

Also here in Europe,
The Anime is very limited.

There is hardly anything, yes DVD's but nothing on TV at all.

"I'm from The Netherlands"

Our last Anime was 3/4 years ago, and that was on this kids channel, it got taken down for some retarded talkshow and commercial breaks -.-

We got nothing anymore, so downloading Anime is the only way for us to watch it, and since we haven't even heard anything of BLEACH or NARUTO in The Netherlands I won't see anything about Death Note for atleast 4/5 years.

The Reason I want to see Death Note so badly, is because it's intense. I do not give a damn for anime's that are already done being fansubbed 100% but stopping half way is so annoying.

Thanks again XD.. "Rant Rant Rant"

Kuraudo.

Thank you for saving my life, i almost chewed my hand of when i saw Viz's announcement.

I have to learn japaneese soon, getting tired of having heartattacks everytime i see "(enter favorite anime here) has been licensed" announcements.

so im just wondering since Death note is licensed will u still be subbing cause i love this series and everyone is stopping due to the license... PLZ DONT STOP!

"I have to learn japaneese soon, getting tired of having heartattacks everytime i see "(enter favorite anime here) has been licensed" announcements."

I know exactly how you feel! seriously, i nearly died when i found out DN was licensed...damn Viz...PLEASE keep subbing this anime Animanda!!! We appreciate all the time and effort u put into all the shows and I hope u can keep the DN spirit alive!

Thank goodness you are still subbing Death note. I nearly 'died' when I saw the licencing and then TW and LE's not subbing news.

Let me just say:
No one (save a possible 2) here seems to appreciate fansubbing (and yes, I know you will all tell me otherwise).
When a series is licensed, that license should be respected, and the series should be dropped by all groups.
Yes, that means all you ungrateful people out there no longer get your free anime. Unless a group like this with no respect comes along anyway...

O.o Your still going to sub Death Note! Wow! I'm so glad I stayed with your group, you guys are the best :D Go Animanda! I hope to continue to see awsome subbing for all the great animes you do ^^

--"Let me just say:
No one (save a possible 2) here seems to appreciate fansubbing (and yes, I know you will all tell me otherwise).
When a series is licensed, that license should be respected, and the series should be dropped by all groups.
Yes, that means all you ungrateful people out there no longer get your free anime. Unless a group like this with no respect comes along anyway..."--

It's worth pointing out that there are about 100m people outside of north American that speak English as a first language, me included(Ireland). also a lot of people in continental Europe have a good understanding of English. I wouldn't consider the north American market as "imporant" as people make it out to be...

Janus you're right! I'm from Russia and only opportunity to see is via English fansubs, because Russian fansub and even license-sub sucks. And after all there are not so many titles that are licensed here.

Janus, your argument is the same one most make. Yes, it is only licensed in North America (and I believe Germany too). But Animanda probably has North American members, and even if they don't, they will certainly have North Americans downloading their releases.
And to make my point clearer, I do like Death Note, and I don't live in North America.

As I said, North America isn't the be all and end all of animé around the world, I personally Don't like being shafted by North Americans and their capitalistic ways but thats not the point. In reality neither you, I or animanda can really stop north americans downloading it as there are always individuals that will subtitle licensed works so why not get some bloody quality for everyone?

Your comments are definitely noted vegaman but i dont think that in this very delicate time of Death Note being licensed in North America your comments are helping the matter.

I know that Animanda are probably making bucket loads of money from fansubbing Death Note, but Viz have acquired certain licences and also ruin series by translating, removing culture references, adding generic american voices and infeasibly long delays on releases.

I am weak. With the amount of absolute rubbish in western TV and cinema, Death Note is seriously the best written story i have seen in years. I need my fix, so please just get over to some otaku haven on the web and have a good old bitch about fansubbing groups there mate. I dont think theres many friendly ears here for you.

..The reason why I download anime is because it's not available in my country, and I'm not going to import it for like 40 € with English Dubs which suck if I can download it from the net and thank the fansubber and support them with 5/10 euro on paypal.

I rather do that then to waste all that money on a really creepy dub version and then waiting for like 3 weeks until it arrives.

I know North America want's all their money and animes blablabla. but if they ruin One Piece so much, to give Zero a ***** Lollypop instead of a smoke.

Then WTF will happen to all the blood and the random cursing and stuff in deathnote?

What will Kira say?

L.. you're such a meanie!
I'm going to make you pass out!

My god.. please that's what they did with Naruto too "BELIEVE IT"

Animes are better untouched.
But what I hate most is those companies who first make horrible dubs, and then 2 years later when their franchise is over, release a Uncut version with Jap Dub and English Subtitles with everything the fansubber did before it got licensed.

Greetz,

Kuraudo

"I know that Animanda are probably making bucket loads of money from fansubbing Death Note"
You're joking right? The closest thing to a donation button I saw was on an http dl site that had animanda releases.
Just wondering... are you cableguy... haha ish, I bet you know who I am with that last comment. :p

"I know that Animanda are probably making bucket loads of money from fansubbing Death Note"

Eh? We're making "bucket loads of money from fansubbing Death Note"? Could someone please be so kind as to give me some of this stash please? I haven't seen a penny of this O_o. Is there something you've all not been telling us?

Animanda's bots and ftp are provided free of charge by some very nice owners. Animanda doesn't have a paypal link or a donation link to Animanda at all (unless someone's not telling me something?). Finally the only advertisment I know for donations are from the bot owner to help them spread the cost of the bot. At no time does Animanda see any money or receive any money.

Animanda staff do all fansubbing, in their own free time voluntarily.

I have no idea where you got the idea that we're getting paid for any of this but if we are could someone please be so kind to throw some my way then?

Haha, yeah, I wish I was getting a little bit of money off of my free time!

I help out Animanda with subbing off and on in my own free time. But I don't think I've gotten even $0.50 off of it. *checks paypal* Nope.

And if any of you are wondering if the death-notes.com thing is "exclusive" or an "agreement" with the whole of Animanda, think again. Ishatar (the owner) wasn't even informed of it until long after the announcement on death-notes.com was made. They have changed the title and content a little bit, but it took a lot of talking to. If anyone wants me to elaborate on the exact agreement, lemme know and I'll gladly do so :P

- nss

Thank you soo much for continuing to sub Death Note! I was dissapionted by the other subbers by Animanda didn't let me down. Please know, your subbbing is greatly appreciated! Again, thanks and look forward to the future episodes

I'd love to help for translating but unfortunately I don't have free time till April.
but Ganbatte :lol:

thank you animanda for still subbing death note

Hi! I'm From a Latin Fansub (www.yume-anime-team.com) and we always translate based on english fansubs, so I understand about licenses too, I would like to get in touch with someone of this group, so we can help in anything like timming to get a fastest chapter in both groups Animanda and the fansub which I belong, I don't know what's the part you need to accelerate the process, well my email is vampirelord27@gmail.com if someone from this group is interested in our help.

13 has surfaced but with this French subs ;__;

Grtz, Kuraudo

I want to say SANKYUU!. I came from Latin America, and I know I can still download the anime from spanish fansub x__x, but I don't like them..(eventhought I found a excelent fansub in spanish) but I like the subs more in english rather than spanish. So thank you from not droppin' the series TOT!! *HUG AND A BAG OF COOKIES*

JOY JOY JOY to YOU YOU YOU

lol I'd say drop all the other series that has been subbed and continue working on death note ;D. Joking, but I think most of us rather see something that hasn't been out yet rather then old ones that thousand of fansubbers have done already, but hey like what you guys have said, you should continue doing things that make you happpy ;)).

Thanks for keeping death note on the agenda :-)

Thank you all for subbing still! Also I would like to say something, license or not, many people watch subs online and buy the DVD's when they are released. No one can beat DVD quality after all, and I myself have watched plenty of anime from subbers so I can watch them as they come out in Japan and then bought the DVD's when they came out in English, same with manga.

A English subbed Death Note 13 has reached the surface of the Internet.

It's not great quality because it's rmvb. but atleast it's something, for everyone who want's to see deathnote 13 really bad, I can provide them with a link to it, but it isn't had to locate it yourself.. I'll give you 2 words. oh how mini that nova is.

That should be enough to give you an Idea, aswell the fansubber is unknown. there is no intro. and no ending. he/she is certainly someone who doesn't care about licensing.

PS: The file has been posted today. it seems that it has no seeds/leechers. but it does. do not worry. I guess with my long chatter you all know who I am by now.

Enjoy.

Yeaaa!! people thx for keep working on the death note subs i really enjoy it, and im sure hell of a lot of people do too so keep the good work!!!, im counting on you!!

This is coming in a bit late but still wanted to give my many thanks to all the staff at Animanda.
Arigato guys/girls (covering all bases there !) and a happy new year !!
Also thanks to your subbing i've been getting into Haruhi Suzumiya's antics and im loving it, as well as your other great shows.

Thanks again and whatever you decide with the whole DeathNote saga, your fans will support you all the way, well i will anyways.

can't find a forum, and too troublesome to go up to the irc, so i'll just write it here... in deathnote ep13, Light's birthday in his profile actually said Feb 28th, and not July 2nd... just feel like telling you guys

I will marry each and every one of you if you chose not to drop death note really i will i have the wedding ring right here. this really is a reason to LIVEEEE

Post a Comment